SWOP-Boston and MASWAN are offering cash payments of $100 to sex workers who live and/or work in Massachusetts. We are currently prioritizing funding for sex workers affected by racist, queerphobic, and transphobic violence; those who are unhoused; and those who have disabilities or who are immuno-compromised. However, we encourage all sex workers in need of assistance in the area to apply. We will make decisions on a rolling basis every two weeks based on need as well as the order of applications.
Upcoming Deadline: June 5th
Payment for approved requests: June 10th
Next Deadline: June 20th
Payment for approved requests: June 25th
How to apply:
** If you would like to apply to the relief fund or need a food and supply kit, please text or call us at 617-431-6174 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . **
When you call, text, or email us, please be prepared to answer the following questions. Please note: there are no wrong answers, but this information will help us allocate funds to those who are in the most immediate need.
- Are you a sex worker?
- Do you live and/or work in Massachusetts?
- Are you currently housed?
- Are you black, indigenous, or a person of color?
- Do you identify as LGBTQ+?
- Has your income been affected by COVID-19?
- Do you have other sources of income at this time?
- Do you have dependents?
- Do you have health conditions that put you at increased risk in relation to COVID-19?
- What is your preferred payment method (e.g. Venmo, Cashapp, Paypal, cash) (It’s easiest for us to distribute funds to you electronically, but we can also arrange to get you cash.)
- Have you previously received funds from the MA Sex Worker COVID-19 Relief Fund? If so, when?
We cannot guarantee that we can fully fund repeat requests, but it is our hope to do so. If you need funds or other resources, please let us know, we will do our best to find grocery distribution, clothing, or other supplies near you.